Teaching with Instructional Technology

Friday, September 22, 2006

Ethics/Intellectual Property Links

Some of the materials provided here revolve around what the CCCC has to say about research with students, ethics, and intellectual property.

However, there are many people in our department who are not strictly compositionists--people who work in technical communication, modern languages, philosophy, speech communication, education, and so on. Therefore, I hope to add to this list of links as I learn more beyond my own specialization.

Michigan Tech's Vice President for Research.
This is where you go to apply to the IRB for approval of your study. I (Karen) went through this process with my dissertation and would be happy to share my materials. In addition, Ted Lockhart is listed as a Review Board member, so he would be a good person to talk with about IRB.

CCCC Position Statements
This webpage has links to :

  • CCCC Guidelines for the Ethical Conduct of Research in Composition Studies

  • CCCC Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Human Participants: A Bibliography

  • Guidelines for the Ethical Treatment of Students and Student Writing in Composition Studies (for those of you at the TWIT, this is the handout I gave you.)


CCCC Committee on Intellectual Property

Copyright and Fair Use website from Stanford University

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home